Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teaching, Sharing and Learning.


Teaching is about sharing. As a teacher I always learn something from my students. I believe all teaching should work in this manner, and yes that is especially true with children.

So the church sewing class went well. One cute, tiny skirt was completed by a newbie. The class has decided to do a friendship quilt for a project. They will be bringing pictures of blocks to share and decide what to do for a quilt at our next class in January. They are also supposed to be finding the manuals for their machines and getting servicing if possible. Many of them were headed off to get some new machine needles.

Obviously this close to Christmas it is busy. This year I am behind. I normally have everything done and wrapped and under the tree by now. Not done, not wrapped, not under the tree. That would be the reason for no blogs recently.

The Mystery Quilt –I am quilting the last border. Then all that is left is binding and washing. Then it will be ready for my couch. The patchwork pennies is all cut, marked and sorted into block, but has been sidelined a bit by Christmas stuff and two prayer shawls that needs to get done.

I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment