Saturday, July 20, 2013

Well those Dog Days of Summer retreated ... for a week ..and they're back...

Sitting here at a roasting 102, high expected to be 105, was 104 yesterday...
but I have managed to finish, bind wash and dry the Take 5 by the Teachers Pet I was working on..made all from Blank Quilting fabric. I like it when I can find enough of one line to do an entire quilt at my LQS.





It is hand quilted with a very meandering stipple with a King Tut variegated thread. It is a lap quilt size.
 And yes, I am a fan of pieced backs unless I find wide backing I like to go with. I figure if I have to put a seam in it anyway, might as well do something different.

And since I started typing this post is is now a sunny 103, not a cloud in sight....

Now back to those pillow covers. The embroidery on the 26 pillow covers is done, adding green borders now. They are pretty. Then on to envelope backs and 16 valences... so you know where I'll be as long as the power doesn't go out...


No comments:

Post a Comment