Monday, January 14, 2013

Cutting, cutting, and more cutting...

This is a picture for the rant I posted last night--really..if one manufacturer can get them on the bolt straight and even they all can IF they want to. It is much faster to be able to whack both selvages at the same time (yes I save my selvages).


And when you are cutting a bunch of projects, time savings is important. Fabric 'misering' is always important-yes I even cut 1" square "scraps"; not sure I'll do another postage stamp...but just in case...





 Left is a flannel quilt--think its name is Fractions or some such. I will look for the name and designer for the finished picture-right now it's buried in a project basket.
To the right is a Jelly roll mystery quilt; no other pics till my classes complete it. :-)
 To the left is a spring fling throw, topper, or maybe I'll add borders and make it a lap quilt..haven't decided yet . It's a McCalls pattern
 To the right is a wall hanging, it will be gifted. Hand printer panel by Block Party Studios. I love their panels. i use them often in prayer shawls and comfort quilts.
To the left is a new tool I got Saturday from  TenSistersHandicraft by Carmen Geddes--a piping ruler! I'ts awesome. And that sneaky little face is my "helper" sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment