Saturday, January 26, 2013

I took a time out from cutting....

But first to share a smile. This reminds me of my Grammy--I walk by it several times a day, but some days I am sure she reaches out and hugs me, because it makes me stop and hold it:

and yes, the mouse is sitting at a "Mice" branded treadle  :-)


Now the reason I took time out from cutting was to finish the housewarming gift: The theme is red and leopard. It is the "Take Four" pattern by Something Sew Fine Quilt Design. I made them double sided instead of plain on the back. Same colors, different arrangement.







There was a questioned posed on Facebook, on the smallest scraps people use. I said 1.5" x 1.5", in case I am every crazy enough to do another double Irish chain postage stamp style....

I cut squares 1.5, 2, 2.5,3, 3.5, 4, 4.5,5, 6,8 and 10". Long strips I put with selvages on a scrap ball for rag rugs.

Since I am cutting, I am cutting scrap at the same time..I am woefully behind on this :-/ I will finish cutting the last two project tonight or tomorrow, class this afternoon. Then I don't "think:" I will need to cut anything for awhile project wise, unless I need an unexpected gift. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment