Monday, September 23, 2013

Bag #2 Spikes Done

And here they are:



4 stacks of 13  :-)

I have decided that doing TRopical Rainbows without having done it before is kind like doing a mystery quilt. Yes, I read all the directions first, studied the layouts; but until you've actually put one together, sometimes you are unsure if what you saw in your head is what is going to come out on the quilt...

Nevertheless, it will be stunning, because all these batiks are gorgeous. There are not very many batiks I haven't liked; if any.

I didn't get ll of bag #3 which are BA-R and BA-L units (8 of each), but here is the first BA-R:


All 8 BA-R


And the first BA-L


So Bag #3 will get done today, and hopefully Bag #4 as well..wish me luck and I'll need to shovel on a little more coal (yes I hear Johnny Cash singing the "Wreck of the Old 97") ...chugga chugga choo choo!

My Pop-Pop (My Mom's Dad) was a coal miner in Reading , PA




No comments:

Post a Comment