Monday, June 4, 2012

Charity quilt--ready to baste

So you all know I have been working on another charity quilt. This one has been for a charity near and dear  to my heart. It has gone through a few iterations, but this is the design I finally chose. This was the quilt being born on graph paper from my earlier post.

This quilt will be auctioned to benefit the Wounded Warriors Project (WWP). The details of the auction (besides all the proceeds going to WWP) are still being worked out. I will be hand quilting it so there is some time left to iron out the details. I will be sure to let you all know. Here it is on the floor--soon as I am done I will baste 'er up... This is somewhat of a strange occurrence - it is mostly flat and no cat managed to get in the picture...only because my machine is busy with an embroidery that they are babysitting  :-)



My daughter Mary was kindly one of my testers, this is her Easy 7 [copyright Denise Bevard 2012-all rights reserved], hoping to get the pattern on the shelf soon. This was her first shot at machine quilting.




No comments:

Post a Comment