Monday, March 4, 2013

St Patrick's Day

And my first real foray into freehand machine quilting. Cheated a bit, straight lines and echos...but one has to start somewhere. I have machine quilted with the walking foot, but it is well, limiting.



 This is a new block of the week quilt-front of the block. I have been on kind of a Batik tear, so I decided to do a few projects a little more on the traditional side.The prints are Hoffman's except one, the light green is a Northcott. The background is a Michael Miller's Vanilla Painter's Canvas--I liked it so much I bought a whole bolt and decided this was the project to cut into the bolt for.
 And by request, the back of a block...like it when they are pretty :-) Makes the quilting easier.

 And this is block 12 of the batik block of the month. Get the last block first Saturday next month, and then it will be time to decide how to set them...do I use the directions...or do it my own way....bets????
 I will have a spring wall hanging soon to share with you. We got some rain yesterday, rain and snow forecast later in the week, and though I am not a snow lover, I will take it since we are way behind in our snow-pack and looking at another drought year if we don't get some serious water soon :-(




No comments:

Post a Comment